The DCT was born in 1927 from the Diocese of Mombasa, and was registered with the government of Tanzania on 30th March 1955 with the registration number 79 according to The Societies (Application for Registration) Rules, 1954. DCT is working in three districts of Dodoma Region which include Dodoma City Council, Bahi District Council and Chamwino District Council. The DCT is the oldest diocese of all the mainland (Low Church) dioceses. Dodoma is located in the territory of the Wagogo people, who are majority Anglican, comprising approximately half of the area’s population. Unlike the coastal port of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania’s largest city, Dodoma is located in semi-arid agro-ecological zone. The DCT is blessed with a strong faith with 600,000 adherents, 280 Parishes and 300 priests.
The Diocese has been providing spiritual services to the society and working together with the Government to ensure the Development Programs and Social services are implemented serve the community holistically.